How to get a refund using iTunes
- Launch iTunes on either your Mac or Windows PC.
- Click on your name at the top and in the dropdown select Account Info.
- Type in your password when prompted in order to proceed.
- Click on See All under your Purchase History.
- Click on the arrow next to the purchase batch that contains the purchase you'd like a refund for.
- Click on Report a Problem next to the single purchase you'd like a refund for, unless there is only one, then you may use the large Report a Problem button.
- You will be routed to Apple's website. Just follow the steps after signing in and request the Refund option and explain why.
How to get a refund using the web
If you're not at your computer, or simply prefer to sidestep iTunes, you can still request a refund using any web browser.
- Go to Apple's problem reports page: http://reportaproblem.apple.com/
- Login with your Apple ID user name (typically your email address) and password.
- Select the appropriate tab—all, music, movies, TV shows, apps, or books.
- Find the purchase you want refunded.
- Select Report a Problem to the right of the purchase.
- Select the reason you want a refund.
- Fill in the description, as appropriate.
- Select Submit.
How to get a refund using your iPhone or iPad
- Launch Mail from your Home screen.
- Search for "Your receipt from Apple" if it's not immediately visible.
- Tap on the receipt for the purchase your want refunded.=
- Tap the purchase you want to report.
From this point on you're in Safari and performing the same steps as described in the web browser section, above.
Note on refunds
iTunes and App Store refunds typically take a day or two to process and you might get contacted by Apple support to verify the reason for the request.